The project aims to encourage young people to believe in themselves and improve their artistic and interpersonal skills by exploring, interacting, experiencing and recording the traditions and the culture of Cyprus. By organizing different events for
Our long-term goal is to involve volunteers in public activities and events with the purpose to rekindle the interest of young Cypriots in the rich and multidimensional cultural heritage of the island.
Together with the volunteers, we will realize a variety of different events, revolving around Tradition and Cultural Heritage, such as a Cultural Festival, Music events, a Human Library event, Sports events and many more. In this way, the volunteers will have the opportunity of assisting the coordinating team and gain through this experience useful organizational and social skills. In parallel with these events, they can additionally lead intercultural workshops and personal projects (movie nights, traditional games nights, language courses, theatre, music, dance, etc.) to promote their own countries and volunteerism; with access to a conference room, music equipment and art materials
- Competencies and motivation to work with people coming from different backgrounds. They should be willing to learn new things.
- Even if is not a strict prerequisite, would be preferable for the volunteers to have an artistic or cultural background.
- Preferably be over 20 years old, open-minded towards multiple working methods, different languages and cultures and be interested to create new experiences in an inter-cultural environment.
- We do not require any previous qualifications or specific experience.
- Good knowledge of English would be considered an asset (B1)
The countries that are going to be
Period of the Project: 3rd of March 2020 – 30th of April 2020
All the expenses are fully covered by the program (travel expenses, accommodation and monthly allowance for food and pocket money).
Mission Tradition is a yearlong project and you’ll be joining the existing volunteers for the last 2 months of the project’s duration. Feel free to see what they have achieved so far on their Website and Facebook page:
For more details about the project and coming to Cyprus, you can download the complete Info Pack:
If you are interested and you want to apply, send your CV and motivation letter and fill in the application form attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 27th of February.