Volunteers will join the programme “Joining hands we go further” through which they will help Faros with their educational activities for the children from the shelter. These include supportive teaching in school subjects, teaching foreign languages, gardening and ecological activities, photography lessons, music lessons, etc.
This is a programme to reflect and discuss about integration, respect, no discrimination, through non formal activities. They will also join festivals in the city to promote the activities of the organisation, the results of this project and the European Solidarity Corps. Also they will have the chance to write articles and create videos to support Faros’ social media.
The volunteers will give their services for about 30 hours per week, five days per week. They have the right to two free days extra per month, which must be taken under the approval of the coordinator. A mentor will support them during all their stay and ensure their physical and mental well-being.
Dates: start as soon as possible (by end of February) for 8 months.
- The project is open to any youngster between 18-30 years who is motivated to live a new experience, be flexible, outgoing and is willing to spend 8 months in Greece.
- The ideal volunteer is willing to engage and be active in society, with interest in education and working with vulnerable groups, and has ecological awareness.
- The most important factor for the selection of the participants is their high motivation to join the activities planned in the project and their interest in the topic.
- A good knowledge of English will be a helpful element for the volunteers themselves as it
will make communication easier and give them more security and self-confidence during the implementation of the activities.
- Moreover, in case of restrictions due to the pandemic, volunteers without good language
skills would have problems in supporting the online activities.
- Being animal friendly is also relevant.
- Having musical education, previous experience working with children or vulnerable groups will be considered a plus.
- Last, we need volunteers to be able to live in a community with many people, taking care of
themselves and participate to the cleaning.
Accommodation: Volunteers are going to be accommodated in a fully equipped building located in the city centre (Anagnostara, 13) near the main bus and train station of the city. It is an autonomous 5 floored building of 150 m2 per floor and a terrace on the 6th floor. There are two living rooms and a big kitchen, showers in the common floors and toilets in every floor. In the building there are also accommodated the volunteers who participate in other projects in the city coordinated by our organisation. Each volunteer will share their room with one or three more people (we have double and big quadruple rooms). In the building are living up to 35 volunteers. More info about the rules are in the residence statute.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the infopack very carefully!
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com