Project: ‘Future is Solidarity 2.0’ is a long-term volunteering project coordinated by Ser Joven organisation and hosted by ONCE organisation. We are looking for 5 volunteers to join the project from March/April until November 2022, for a period of 8 months in total.
- Accompaniment to people with visual impairments to help them run daily tasks (bank, doctor, shopping);
- Helping them to participate in activities organized by ONCE (accompany them from their homes to ONCE and back home) and support in different workshops: ceramics, reading;
- Accompaniment in excursions or trekking, in big events and celebrations in which people without self-autonomy or family support would not be able to participate;
- Going for a walk with them (to the beach, to the park…) offering them company.
- Helping with promoting the ESC programme.
- motivated, whose physical and mental condition is compatible with project duties; i.e.
- a person with no mobility problems and motivated enough (sometimes, the Project activities can seem routine),
- flexible (the activities have no fixed timetable, as they mostly depend on the needs of ONCE members),
- able to motivate a person with visual impairment to go out and enrich their social life.
- ready to live in a shared room with another European volunteer. basic level of Spanish is an asset
- previous experience with people at risk of social exclusion or experience as an animator or youth leader, as well as having worked with the elderly, is welcome (however not necessary).
Accommodation & Spending money:
- Accommodation (shared room in a shared flat with other ESC volunteers) with internet WIFI
- local transportation (travel card)
- monthly pocket money (150 euro), food money (150 euro) mentor
- online Spanish Language Course for foreigners;
- opportunity to carry out a personal project.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the infopack carefully!
For more info and to apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.