Dates: 15 – 23 June 2022
Project: Out Of Classroom is an Erasmus+ training course for youth workers (KA1) focusing on rediscovering the principles and methods of non-formal education that can be used while working with young people at risk of exclusion. Non-formal education is an extremely popular concept nowadays – many NGOs advertise their projects as based on participants’ active involvement. Despite this, many of the youth workers organizing this kind of activities do not have a proper theoretical basis and understanding of what non-formal education should really entail. Through this training course, we would like to go back to basics and have an in-depth reflection on the concept, discovering what it really means and learning how to design, monitor, and evaluate effective out-of-school projects for youngsters at risk.
- Exploring the concept of non-formal education and deconstructing the misconceptions around it
- Reflecting upon the role of facilitators in the projects addressed to young people at risk and sensitizing them to the specific educational needs of those target groups
- Sharing tools and methodologies and learning how to analyze them critically and adjust them to the specific local context
- Creating a tool-kit on non-formal education for activists working with youth at risk
- Building a sustainable network of partner organizations devoted to working internationally
- actively involved in the work of an NGO (preferably as a staff member)
- experienced in working with youth at risk
- open to new methodologies and willing to learn
- committed to organize dissemination events and provide quality project visibility
- being able to communicate freely in English (both speaking and writing)
- being a legal resident in one of the participating countries (Belarus, Cyprus,
- Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Spain, Ukraine)
We are looking for 2 participants from Cyprus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the infopack carefully!
To apply, complete the form.