Would you like to volunteer in the field of youthwork?
Join the European Solidarity Corps and become part of the Ofensiva Tinerilor, for 6 months!
- to foster an inclusive attitude among at least 500 local youngsters from the Arad county;
- to improve/increase the support that 200 youngsters from vulnerable groups receive (mainly youngsters with disability, from the Roma community, etc.);
- to promote solidarity with persons belonging to vulnerable groups among 24 youngsters from 6 countries through local and international volunteering activities; to promote solidarity with persons from vulnerable groups and is set to achieve this through local and international volunteering activities;
- to engage young people and local organisations to create and implement solidarity activities that promote social inclusion.
The main tasks include:
- Anti-discrimination workshops in schools, with more than 2000 beneficiaries;
- Training activities for teachers in the field of inclusion and non-formal education, with over 20 schools involved;
- Training activities for youth workers and young volunteers, with more than 200 persons trained who multiplied the
programme with more than 2500 young people;
- Volunteering activities in favor of vulnerable groups, with more than 100 young people involved.
- The intervention model we are proposing, based on the lessons learned in previous projects, includes a three-way approach analysed in the info-pack below.
The ideal volunteer should have the following characteristics:
- Between 18-30 years old;
- Open and interested in working with persons from the vulnerable groups that we refer to as target groups;
- Able to place this experience in a long-term perspective ofpersonal and professional development;
- Willing to learn new working methods and develop the necessary skills for organising inclusive activities;
- Ready to adapt to a flexible working programme, but also to follow the responsibilities he/she will be assigned with;
- Being open to leave their comfort zone and integrate into a foreign country, different in terms of customs, traditions, mentality, culture etc;
- Having difficulties in choosing a career or without employment options due to lack of practical experience.
You have to be a resident of Cyprus.
- Accommodation provided. Shared room of two.
- Food allowance provided.
- International transport is covered to a certain amount. The EU sets a budget depending on the distance.
- Local transportation in Arad covered.
- Read the call in the info pack here.
Send your CV and Motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than the end of September.