The Portuguese Red Cross Youth is going to host eleven young volunteers for 8 months starting in July, August or September 2023 (the starting dates are flexible till september) in the cities of Braga, Cucujães, Bragança, Guimarães, Vale de Cambra and Sanguedoi n an European Solidarity Corps volunteering called Acting Local, Changing Global II. During this 8 months, these volunteers will carry out different activities that aim to foster solidarity in children and youngsters, not only amongst themselves, but also towards every human being, regardless of nationality, gender or race. Volunteers will carry out activities in order to work effectively in the social inclusion of children and vulnerable young people living in these communities. At the same time they will develop their own personal and social skills. Our aim is to include the volunteers in the projects of these Portuguese Red Cross youth structures if they feel motivated, but also allow their participation when it comes to event planning, social media and communication activities and even motivate them to create their own projects and develop their ideas among our communities.
During your mission, you can volunteer in different projects that concern the following thematics:
– Health Promotion and Health Education: adoption of healthy habits and behaviors as part of individual and social development of young people.
– Intervention for Inclusion and Gender Equality: inclusion of children and young people in situations of social exclusion through programs and projects based in different social realities.
– Education for Development and International Cooperation: promotion of Humanitarian Values and International Cooperation through social awareness, Human Rights and Children and Education for peace and development.
– Employability, entrepreneurship and active citizenship: skills development, entrepreneurship and the exercise of one’s own role in society, especially through volunteering.
– Environmental education: adoption of environmental habits and attitudes through programs and projects that raise awareness towards a more ecological planet.
. Humanitarian education: adoption of civic behaviors and development of personal and social skills and attitudes that respect diversity and human rights, through projects and activities that raise awareness on humanitarian values for young people towards a culture of peace and non-violence.
- Between 18-30 years;
- Genuine interest in youth work, social and educational issues;
- Flexible and reliable;
- Motivated to live in Portugal for the full period;
- Ability to work in multi- lingual/multi-cultural environment;
- Should be interested and predisposed in working with vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and children;
- Able to work in a team environment but also able to take his/her own initiatives;
- Genuine interest in being useful to others rather than just the will of “adventure”;
- Should be responsible, creative, curious, open-minded;
- Should have good communication and empathy skills with children and young people;
- Able to support and stimulate different types of leisure activity, from indoor to outdoor activities;
- Competences in artistic expression and/or experience on sports or
- Interest in the music field is very welcomed;
- True will to overcome the language barrier and learn Portuguese.
- Accommodation provided.
- Food allowance and pocket money provided.
- A total package of traveling will be reimbursed based on EU distance calculator.
- Read the infopack for more info
Send your CV and motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for application is 15 Jun 2023 (Midnight).