- Funded by: Erasmus + Programme
- Leader organization: Youth for Exchange & Understanding (YEU Cyprus)
- Period: 24 – 31 of August 2021
- ASSOCIAZIONE INTERCULTURALE NUR – ITALY
- POLITISTIKI ANAZITISI LESVOU AMKE – GREECE
- D’ANTILLES ET D’AILLEURS – FRANCE
- Asociación P.O.D. – SPAIN
- ASSOCIACAO JUVENIL DA ILHA TERCEIRA – PORTUGAL
With this project we target to empower young marginalized people to be more active citizens through the importance of the tradition that comes from small communities such as islands, and improve their sense of belonging to the European family by examining some problems the participants face in their communities.
Through this exchange we are aiming to spread the tradition of different islands that could be forgotten due to their size and location, and offer a common space of debate and exchange of ideas to enhance the quality of living of young people who live on islands. This project will enhance participants’ skills in various themes related to social inclusion, active participation, creativity and communication skills.
For the participants to learn about the traditions of their own country but also to get to know the traditions of other marginalised European areas.
- To foster active participation and social and civic responsibility in local and European level by engaging young people with EU values through non formal educational activities (tolerance, solidarity, etc).
- To promote creativity and innovation as well as digital skills through the use of different software during the production of audiovisual material to promote their tradition.
- To develop participants’ skills to be able to search and learn about social issues and inclusion.
- To make people more aware of different island challenges and opportunities which will
- result in the connection of people with different backgrounds from similar geographical situations by improving their active listening.
- To provide participants with a deepened self-knowledge and develop their communication in English and other foreign languages.
- To strengthen participants’ knowledge of the Erasmus+ Programme and to provide them with a solid network of international partners.
- To foster participants facilitation and leadership skills for non-formal activity through the workshop each national team has to organise during the exchange.