As a volunteer, you will support either adults or children with a learning disability or work in the market garden in Northern Ireland, UK.
You should be able to volunteer in 2023 for 9 to 12 months. The first volunteers will arrive in March 2023. The other volunteers will arrive whenever there is accommodation available.
You will be involved in volunteering activities for 5 days a week for approximately 38 hours and have 2 days off during the week. There will also be 2.5 days of holiday per month spread over the duration of your placement.
- A pleasant manner and willing to nurture positive social relationships with others.
- · A good foundation in the English language and are willing to develop their skills in this language.
- An interest in promoting inclusion for people with special needs and fewer opportunities.
- Willing to engage with people who have a learning disability.
- Enthusiastic to work in an environment with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and a wide range of abilities.
- Undertake physical work that may be outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Willing to engage in social and cultural activities outside of the primary volunteering activities
- Previous experience or training to become a volunteer and carry on your activities at Glencraig is not mandatory.
- Are you flexible in working environments and open-minded?
Then this experience is the best opportunity for you !
- Accommodation provided.
- Pocket money of 160 pounds.
- The volunteers will have to cover the costs of visa and health surcharge, as well as travelling.
- You will gain amazing skills and vocational experience.
Contact email@example.com or visit the webpage of the receiving organisation to learn more about the application procedure.
Learn more about this exciting chance of a lifetime in the website of Glencraig.