Youth for Exchange and Understanding Cyprus (YEU Cyprus) is an independent, nonprofit youth NGO that works closely with young people aiming to empower them to realize the societies they want to be living in. At YEU Cyprus, we are dedicated to creating meaningful experiences and implementing impactful youth-oriented projects, at a local and transnational level.
We are interested in hiring a highly motivated individual for the position of Project/ Communication Officer (full-time or part-time 75%). The contract will have a duration of one (1) year with the possibility of renewal. The first six (6) months are considered a probation period.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Coordinate projects and activities of the organisation and offer administrative support.
- Communication with partners and funders in Cyprus, and across Europe for the implementation of the project.
- Represent the organisation in local and transnational events, such as trainings, workshops, and conferences.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, trainings, workshops, and/or speeches to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Collect and analyse data for the purposes of projects, conduct research and/or mapping activities
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement an effective communications strategy.
- Write, edit, distribute and disseminate content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other material that represent the organisation, its activities, and projects
- Travel (local and international) to attend project meetings, conferences, and training.
- Execute any other duty and responsibility assigned by the Management.
- Take initiative in the writing of applications/proposals for funding.
- Support YEU Cyprus volunteers, members and expansion of the member base.
- Write comprehensive draft reports (narrative and financial).
- Report to the Executive Director and Board of YEU Cyprus.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. A Master’s Degree in European Studies, Political Sciences, Sociology, Humanities, Communication, or Human Resources would be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of Greek (oral and written). Good knowledge of Turkish would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows™ & Office Tools (Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, Outlook™)
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and online tools. Experience with websites will be considered an advantage.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar position. Relevant experience is defined as experience in the field of civil society, project management or administration, working with interns and volunteers, and European projects (Erasmus +, ESC, etc.) projects.
Other Prefered Qualifications & Skills:
- Capable of working under pressure and observing strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Good networking skills
- Excellent knowledge of managing social media and internet applications
- Public speaking experience and presentational skills
- Ability to adapt easily, work collaboratively, and works well in a team environment
- Ability to take initiatives
- Conflict Management and analytics skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “Project/Communication Officer Position”, and an indication of whether they are interested in a full-time or part-time position. By applying for this position you confirm that you have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative, or criminal) arising from an investigation in relation to SEA, or left employment pending investigation and refused to cooperate in such an investigation.
DEADLINE for applications: 22/09/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview (oral and written).
YEU Cyprus is an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. YEU Cyprus offers equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant conditions.