The “Centro Trentino di Solidarietà” – CTS, was funded in 1984 and was dedicated exclusively with the problem of heroin addiction, opening a residential community.
During the following years, there was an evolution of the problem to new kinds of addiction and a significant increase of the phenomenon of alcoholism in local area; with those complex patients it was necessary to change and specialize the ways and means of intervention. There was then established a therapeutic project.
Since the year 2000, CTS also operates a hosting house for people with AIDS (“Casa Lamar”). This structure provides assistance to guests throughout the day, offering a friendly safe and organized environment, a healthy food and comfortable accommodation and the opportunity for healing and growth from a human, cultural and spiritual point of view. Casa Lamar is located in Via Alto Adige n. 20, Trento, and there are currently 9 people using these services.
The volunteers will be involved in the activities of Casa Lamar:
- Accompany the guests to have walks outside.
- Organise “Cineforum” (movie time for the guests)
- Be involved in the activities of the house (cooking, gardening, housework, etc.)
- Organise recreational activities
- Organise parties, murder mistery dinner and other public events.
You will have the unique opportunity to meet other volunteers from all over Europe.
- Are you between 18 and 30 years old?
- Are you motivated and interested in social solidarity, social work, education and community learning?
- An EU citizen?
- Previous experience or training to become a volunteer and carry on your activities in the project is not mandatory, but previous experience in non-formal education is considered to be an advantage.
- Are you flexible in working environments and open-minded?
Then this experience is the best opportunity for you !
- Accommodation provided.
- Food allowance (200 Euro) and pocket money (105 Euro).