The last couple of years have had a big negative influence on people’s mental wellbeing and especially, the one of youngsters. Frustrations push youngsters to more radical ideas and behavior and unity, acceptance and inclusion within the EU is suffering. In order to promote and maintain a constructive society in which difference is accepted, we see the need to reconcile people by creating a safe space for debate and organize activities that influence positively one’s wellbeing.
The goal of this training course is to teach youth worker a combination of social theatre and circus pedagogy activities applicable to the public space. Our project objective is to teach youth workers the codes, methods and practices of street performing (theatre and circus) as a tool of social engagement. The idea is that youth worker will be able to facilitate the creation of street events with youngsters, giving them the opportunity to express themselves, create dialogue with others, recreate social bonds…
We want to enhance the capacity of youth workers to support their target groups by:
- Developing new pedagogical competences in street event, project management and animation techniques that enable them to offer activities and programs that better respond to the needs of individuals and address the needs of the disadvantaged.
- Giving them an opportunity to exchange good practices on inclusion and diversity
- Giving them methods to empower their youngsters to actively participate in their own learning process.
- Developing their creativity
We are looking for youth workers/youth leaders who are:
- over the age of 18
- a good level of English,
- who will be willing and committed to participate actively in ALL sessions (about 8 hours a day)
- Participants should already be involved in youth work or be motivated to get involved
We are looking for 2 participants from Cyprus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the infopack carefully!
To apply, complete the form.