The Portuguese Red Cross Youth is going to host 4 young volunteers for 12 months starting in May 2022 in the city of Braga in an European Solidarity Corps volunteering called Acting Local, Changing Global. During this year, these volunteers will carry out different activities that aim to foster solidarity in children and youngsters, not only amongst themselves, but also towards every human being, regardless of nationality, gender or race. Volunteers will carry out activities in order to work effectively in the social inclusion of children and vulnerable young people living in these communities. At the same time they will develop their own personal and social skills. Our aim is to include the volunteers in the projects of these Portuguese Red Cross youth structures if they feel motivated, but also allow their participation when it comes to event planning, social media and communication activities and even motivate them to create their own projects and develop their ideas among our communities.
Working City: Braga is a city of huge beauty and heritage richness, which combines tradition with innovation, the memory to the youth, and creativity to conservatism. With over 2000 years of a very rich history, Braga possesses one of the oldest Sacro-Montes in Europe and is the representative of the Minho region, the Bom Jesus. In Braga, we can find the oldest Portuguese Cathedral and the Motherhouse of the Benedictines, the Monastery of Tibães (Mosteiro de Tibães).
Working Task in Braga: -Support in our charity shop, Ponto Vermelho (2/3 shifts a week)
-Support in our Youth Centre for the Roma Community, Geração Tecla (2 shifts a week)
Profile of the Volunteers:
- Between 18- 30 years;
- Genuine interest in youth work, social and educational issues;
- Flexible and reliable, responsible, creative, curious, open-minded, emphatic
- Motivated to live in Portugal for the full year;
- Ability to work in multilingual/multicultural environment and team;
- Should be interested and predisposed in working with vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and children ;
- Able to support and stimulate different types of leisure activity
- Competences in artistic expression and/or experience on sports or music field is very welcomed
If you are interested in this opportunity, please read the general infopack and the Braga infopack very carefully! To apply, please send your CV and a personalized motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org