- Funded by: Erasmus + Programme
- Leader organization: ASSOCIACIÓ LA XIXA TEATRE – SPAIN
- Period: 01/01/2022 – 30/09/2023
- Youth for Exchange and Understanding Cyprus (YEU Cyprus) – CYPRUS
- CEPAIM – SPAIN
- CESIE – ITALY
- ÉLAN INTERCULTUREL – FRANCE
- KMOP Policy Center – BELGIUM
- XWHY / AGENCY OF UNDERSTANDING – LITHUANIA
The project “YURI – Intercultural urban-rural youth dialogues for collective entrepreneurship” is an 18-month Erasmus+ strategic partnership in the field of youth involving 7 organizations in 6 countries: CEPAIM (Spain), CESIE (Italy), Élan Interculturel (France), KMOP Policy Center (Belgium), La Xixa Teatre (Spain), XWHY (Lithuania) and YEU (Cyprus).
In all partner countries there is a significant amount of NEETs and high youth unemployment, with increased rates of both in rural areas. On the other hand, we are witnessing the escalation of the climate crisis and experiencing a whole set of consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The YURI project aims to react to those challenges by promoting innovative forms of social and collective entrepreneurship among young people living in rural and urban contexts and actively involving them in the fight against climate change from an intercultural, systemic, and skill building perspective.
- Critically address belief systems, prejudices and stereotypes regarding identity in rural and urban settings.
- Promote the development of the necessary competences and social emotional skills to successfully engage in collective green social entrepreneurship.
- Foster advocacy to share and debate common alternatives to the current climate crisis from a perspective of rural-urban collaboration and youth collective entrepreneurship.
- Pilot training 1: “Belief systems and intercultural rural-urban youth dialogues” to critically address belief systems, prejudices and stereotypes regarding rural and urban settings from an intersectional point of view.
- Pilot training 2: “Competence development for collective green entrepreneurship” to work with participants on the necessary competences and social emotional skills to successfully engage in collective green social entrepreneurship projects.
- International training: “YURI blended training for young people” in Brussels (Belgium) to: critically address belief systems; work on competences and skills necessary to promote social, green and collective action; promote ideas, action plans and policy-engaging dialogue in favor of rural-urban collaboration and social, green, collective entrepreneurship.
“The rural-urban youth handbook for collective and green entrepreneurship”
The handbook aims to critically address, with a practical approach, the overlap among climate action, social economy, and youth inclusion from a holistic, systemic, skill building and proactive perspective. It includes:
- A theoretical framework based on the desk research conducted in each country and at the European level;
- The best practices concerning green and social initiatives existing in the partner countries;
- The learning path and activities implemented by the partners during the project activities;
- A series of policy recommendations.