"Young people against Radicalization and Violent Extremism in Europe" is a youth exchange between young people from 6 different countries of the EU and Eastern Neighborhood.
The main aim of this project is to gather young people from 6 different EU (Italy, Cyprus, Portugal) and EU Neighborhood countries (Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine) to discuss how the Intercultural Learning can be used as a tool against radicalization and exchange ideas on the concepts of intercultural society which have become controversial.
With the recent refugee crisis, the European values have been questioned. Having so many different cultures coexisting together in Europe has become a problem and there is an obvious growth of racist and xenophobic ideas and attitudes. In an economically and socially challenging moment for Europe, it is important to stress that diversity should be treasured and promoted. Young people who are behind of this project believe that Intercultural Dialogue, Learning and Communication are the best tools to promote youth de-radicalization, tolerance and cultural acceptance.
- Discuss the concept of intercultural learning and how young people can avoid creating more stereotypes;
- Learn about cultural diversity in different parts of Europe and exchange ideas on intercultural society;
- Develop a shared understanding of the concept of intercultural learning and multiculturalism;
- Debate on how Intercultural Learning can be used as a tool to
- fight radicalization;
- Develop a good working knowledge of Erasmus+ programme andhow young people can use it to promote tolerance and anti- discrimination;
- Develop new projects together promoting intercultural dialogue
among different cultures and communities in Europe.
We are looking for 5 participants (18-30) plus one group leader (no age limit) to join this Youth Exchange
Accommodation and food is fully covered by the programme and 275 euros for traveling cost.
Please read carefully the info pack
If you are interested please fill up the Application-Form until 18/10