Volunteering opportunity in Olhão, Portugal
The project will promote young people’s active citizenship in general and European citizenship in particular since living and working abroad will be an important learning experience in itself for the volunteers. Also, the contact with the local youth will allow the discussion about the European values with persons from different backgrounds and realities, but also will be a chance to promote changes in different areas and different topics. In terms of specific objectives for youth under the Erasmus + Program, VESSEL will help to improve the level of skills and key skills of young people, including the disadvantaged, promoting intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity, particularly through creating opportunities for mobility for learning purposes.
MOJU is a youth organization founded by a group of young people who strongly believe in the importance of youth participation in society. It is a non-governmental organization which works at three levels: local, national and international. As such, MOJU is a member of the Federation of Youth Organizations of Algarve, of the National Federation of Youth Organizations and of YEU – Youth for Exchange and Understanding.
Arrival date: 1st of August 2021
Departure date: 28th of January 2022
The volunteers will get involved in the following activities:
- Support the development of activities for youngsters (preparation of group dynamics, team building activities, cultural activities, sport activities...)
- School support, where the volunteers will have the chance to have direct contact with children and organize several outdoor activities.
- Promotion of games and activities for youngsters during school breaks.
- Work at the social living room of MOJU´s head office, which is open to children and youngsters from Monday to Sunday.
- Support in the international relationships, helping the team in the organization of international trainings for cooperation of people from different nationalities in various subjects.
- Office support in international level, making contacts with international partners.
The volunteer will receive:
Accommodation: shared flat close to the office and not far from the centre. The volunteer will have their own beedroom or share it with another volunteer, a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom.
Travel costs reimbursed.
130 EU of food allowance and 150 of pocket money.
European Youth Card
35 working hours 5 days per week. Weekends are free, except for some events that may take place during weekends. In such a case, the volunteers will be compensated with a day off during the week.
Moreover, the volunteers, according to the Activity Agreement have 24 days off during the year, or 2 days off per month.
- Experienced on working with children and young people with fewer opportunities and at risk of exclusion.
- Willling to get involved in a long term project.
- Interested on education and international mobility.
- Good English command.
For apply send an email with CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 27th July 2021