Open call for "Youth Workers for Sustainable Organisations".
This training is intended for youth workers and other individuals that work with youth. The main idea of the project is to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills for behavioural change in themselves, and in youth that they work with, towards more sustainable and environmentally just way of being.
The activities we want to carry out are directly linked to the profile of the participants.
- The first phase - The training will focus on issues on the field of sustainability in our organizations and aim to find solutions and alternatives that we can implement in our everyday life. We will also address various skills that will help participants to implement changes and address the issues in their own organization or local environment.
- The second phase - In the period between trainings participants will carry out a small project/event/campaign that will address the topics of the first training. The participants will try to make at least one sustainable change in their own personal habits.
- In the third phase - The second training will focus on sharing experiences gained in the meantime and preparing guidelines for youth workers and youth organizations to help them with sustainable changes.
- In the last, forth phase we will evaluate the project and suggest follow-up activities.
from 12th of September till 18th of September 2021
NOTE: the second part of the training will be implemented from the 7th to the 13th of May 2022 in Izola or Bled (Slovenia); it is obligatory for participants to take part in both trainings; the dates may change due to travel restrictions, COVID rules etc.
Accomodation, food, and travel cost reimbursement.
- youth workers or other relevant individuals that work with youth
- required age of the participants is 18+
- previous knowledge on the topics of sustainability and climate justice are not a requirement but can be helpful
- have a motivation and interest to work towards greater sustainability
- can participate in both trainings
Read all about the project before applying in the Info Pack
In order to apply to the activity, please fill in the form available here.