In the town of Rouillon (2300 inhabitants) we are searching for an ambassador of an ecofriendly lifestyle, who can educate children, young people and adults about the environment and environmental action. No need to be an expert... just full of motivation about this subject and willing to share it with locals. The main objectives will be to improve the status of the school canteen by working on sustainable initiatives and to promote carbon-free travel by leading various projects with the school and community.
What are you going to do?
The volunteer will lead the development of eco-friendly initiatives in the municipality of Rouillon, educating and encouraging inhabitants to take care of the environment with their daily actions. More specifically, missions may include:
- Work with the school canteen and local producers to educate school cildren on the benefits of green menu (local produce, organic produce, changing their attitude to vegetarian options).
- Work with the school, school canteen, activity centre, and other local institutions to lead by example by reducing waste and promoting more sustainable waste management (recycling, compost, ect.)
- Coordination of walking bus/cycling bus for greener school journeys.
- Facilitate cycling in Rouillon: propose cycle paths, bike reparation stations, etc.
- Organise activities for children around the topic of taking care of the environment, in class, during school break times, or at the local activity centre.
- Support the local Youth Council (CMJ) in launching eco-friendly projects for the town.
- Organise community events to encourage eco-friendly actions.
La Maison de l’Europe Le Mans-Sarthe, is the coordinating organisation of all the projects listed above. The association has not political or religious affiliation. In our day-to-day life, our purpose is to raise awareness and inform the inhabitants of the department of Sarthe about European citizenship and thus contribute to building a Europe of citizens. The House of Europe is a friendly place, ideal for discovering, meeting, experiencing and exchanging on Europe!
The volunteer will be hosted by a local family, where they will have their own room, very close to their places of work, local shops, and well connected to the city of Le Mans.
Location: Rouillon (one hour far from Paris)
Activity period: 5. 1. 2022 - 31. 12. 2022
Travel tickets covered
Pocket money: 360 EUR per month
Volunteers profile: we are looking for a young person who has witnessed and experienced the innovative practices of another European country and who is motivated to share and implement them in our local community.
How to apply?
- send a CV
- record a nice video
- fill in the application form
Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: 21. 11. 2021
For more information read the infopack.