In the picturesque Renaissance town of Tryavna, situated in central Bulgaria, 40 young people from 8 different organizations and countries will join together for a common cause - the fight against the waste of water and usage of plastics in our daily lives. The main need that motivates young people to think about this is the worrying statistics that are constantly being read on the internet or watched on television. At the same time, they feel powerless to change something, because even their parents often do not think in this direction.
Through this project, we expect to raise public awareness much more, because it is in the interest of all of us to take care of the environment.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Raising their desire to combat environmental pollution.
- Raising awareness of the people about ways to reduce the use of water and plastic in our daily lives.
- Raising awareness of the people about the processes running at a wastewater treatment plant.
- Raise awareness of the processes happening in a waste disposal depot.
- Creating a brochure that can be used as an information guide that will provide practical examples of reducing the use of water and plastic in our daily lives.
- Raising their knowledge of the Erasmus + program and how they can benefit from it in their future personal and professional development.
- Increasing their knowledge in the field of project idea development.
- Promote their active citizenship.
This project is the first part of a long-lasting and extensive information campaign. The next steps will be focusing on the use of paper, metal and glass, then the various renewable sources of electricity, and we plan to close the training cycle with living gardens and permaculture.
The campaign starts with this project because the majority of young people think that it is quite a serious problem, a solution that can be found very easily and they think that the results can be seen and reported more easily.
The main method used will be "learning by doing". The ways of presenting and teaching will be in different ways stimulating the different ways of learning - through writing, reading, music and so on.
They are based on the Cone of Experience (a model for explaining how audio-visual methods contribute to learning invented by American education expert Edgar Dale).
We are looking for four participants aged 18-22 to take part in this activity plus one group leader without age limit.
Accommodation and food is fully covered by the programme and 275 euros for traveling cost.
Please carefully the info pack
If you are interested please fill up the Application-Form until 25/04.