Out Of Classroom is an Erasmus+ training course for youth workers (KA1) focusing on rediscovering the principles and methods of non-formal education that can be used while working with young people at risk of exclusion. Non-formal education is an extremely popular concept nowadays - many NGOs advertise their projects as based on participants' active involvement. Despite this, many of the youth workers organizing this kind of activities do not have a proper theoretical basis and understanding of what non- formal education should really entail. Through this training course, we would like to go back to basics and have an in-depth reflection on the concept, discovering what it really means and learning how to design,monitor, and evaluate effective, out-of-school projects for youngsters at risk. As a result, we want to our participants to start seeing non-formal education as more than just a buzz word and adopt it as a guiding philosophy that is a basis of their work.
- exploring the concept of non-formal education and deconstructing the misconceptions around it
- reflecting upon the role of facilitators in the projects addressed to young people at risk and sensitizing them to the specific educational needs of those target groups
- sharing tools and methodologies and learning how to analyze them critically and adjust them to the specific local context
- creating and spreading a tool-kit on non-formal education for activists working with youth at risk
- building a sustainable network of partner organizations devoted to working internationally
We are looking for two participants to take part in this activity.
Accommodation and food is fully covered by the programme and 275 euros for traveling cost.
Please read carefully the Infopack
If you are interested please fill up the Application-Form until 03/03.