The Training Course “PRO-GENDER: Promoting Gender Dimension in Youth Work” aims to gather 25 youth workers and youth educators from the European Union Member States (Italy, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece and Romania) and non-EU Neighboring countries (Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
About the training course:
The Training Course aims at building capacities of youth workers and youth educators in addressing gender issues and mainstreaming gender into the policies and activities of partner organizations. Additionally, the project aims at incorporating gender-sensitive approaches to their work with young people and the youth work provided by their organizations.
Women and girls represent half of the world’s population and therefore also half of its potential. But, today gender inequalities persist everywhere in the world and stagnate social progress. Women continue to be underrepresented at all levels of political leadership. Across the globe, women and girls perform a disproportionate share of unpaid domestic work. Inequalities faced by girls begin right at birth and follow them all their lives. In some countries, girls are deprived from access to health care services or proper nutrition, leading to a higher mortality rate.
Disadvantages in education translate into lack of skills and limited opportunities to access the labor market. Women’s and girls’ empowerment is essential to expand economic growth and promote social development. Full participation of women in the labor market may lead to economic growth and prosperity.
Regardless of where you live, gender equality is a fundamental human right. Advancing gender equality is critical to all areas of a healthy society, from reducing poverty to promoting health, education, protection and the well-being of girls and boys. Gender equality education among young people is important. It is essential to allow young leaders and youth workers to feel and reflect on the influence of gender and gender roles, by giving them an opportunity to discuss, debate and learn more about issues that often remain unrevealed. This is why we have developed this Training Course.
Objectives of the training:
- To raise awareness of 25 youth workers and youth educators on gender mainstreaming.
- To provide 25 youth workers and youth educators with knowledge on gender equality, equality feminism, feminist movements and ideologies.
- To equip participants with knowledge, techniques and tools, which can improve gender sensitivity of their work with young people and inclusiveness of their organizations.
- To raise the awareness of youth workers and youth educators on the importance of true comprehension of gender equality and promotion of equality among young people.
- To improve international cooperation between youth workers from the partner organizations and facilitate networking.
- To promote development of new partnerships and projects on gender mainstreaming within Erasmus+ Programme.
We are looking for 2 participants from Cyprus || Youth workers ranging from 18 to 35 || Fluent in English
Arrival date is 8th of August, Departure is 16th of August.
Travel cost reimbursement: All the participants will receive the travel reimbursement through a bank transfer within 3 months after the end of the training course.
Insurance: Travel insurance is obligatory. We and partner organizations will assist you in finding the best option. The costs for travel insurance will not be refunded.
Accommodation: The participants will stay in Yerevan. The name and the address of the hotel will be communicated to the selected participants. Two participants will share a room with a private bathroom.
Please check the following travel restrictions before your trip:
- Upon entering the territory of the Republic of Armenia via air and land borders travelers will be asked to provide a COVID-19 PCR test certificate with negative results taken within the previous 72 hours.
- The certificate should be in Armenian, Russian or English, include the name, surname, date of birth, and passport number of the examined person, printed on the official letterhead of the medical institution conducting the test, identifying all contacts of the organization, test result, signed and sealed by the head of the medical institution.
Safety measures during the Training Course:
- We will make sure that the common areas at the hotel have hand sanitizer and water dispensers.
- We will open the windows every 15 minutes to let the fresh air in the room.
- We will have the thermometers, face masks and sanitizers at the hotel.
- We will replace the activities that include hugging and physical contact.
For more information read the INFO PACK attached below.
To APPLY, complete & submit this form ASAP – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdD4qWvipd3Yhhv9Ccv0TtfeCZJ3NH7NVNj1Ypl50kiN2z2pw/viewform