In societies that are getting more and more divided, there is a constant need to find new solutions to enhance inclusion of groups at risk. We as youth workers often lack capacities to reach out to vulnerable people and even if we do approach them, we do not possess proper methodologies to address their specific needs effectively. Let Me In is an Erasmus+ training course for youth workers that aims at raising the awareness on the specifics of working with different groups at risk, with the main focus being on how to identify their needs and create a safe space for them to express themselves more freely. By combining theory and practice we strive to give participants an in-depth overview on the topic of enhancing social inclusion and prepare them to organize their own projects in a more efficient way that puts the needs of young people in the center.
- re-defining the concept of inclusion and investigating how non-formal education can be beneficial while working with vulnerable youngsters,
- equipping partner organizations and their representatives with accessible and easily adaptable tools aiming making youth projects more efficiently addressing specific needs of different youngsters with fewer opportunities,
- exploring practical methods (participatory photography and digital storytelling) for empowering young people an giving them voice that can help them undertake action,
- creating a network of like-minded organizations and individuals ready for joint efforts aiming at enhancing social
- inclusion of youngsters on cross-European youngsters,
- contribute to creation of more cohesive and inclusive European societies
We are looking for three participants take part in this activity.
Accommodation and food is fully covered by the programme and 275 euros for traveling cost.
Please carefully the info pack
If you are interested please fill up the Application-Form until 03/03 mentioning if you are interested to participate as a leader.