Youth, culture, media and communication
About Globala Kronoberg
Globala Kronoberg is a center for international projects in the region of Kronoberg, Sweden. We coordinate, host and send EVS-volunteers and we inform youngsters and local associations about international projects. We are cultural-exchange enthusiasts so we try to motivate young people to participate in international exchanges. We also organize courses, fairs and trainings.
Current vacancy for: 1st May 2019 – 30rd April 2020
Venue: Växjö, Sweden
Work-schedule and team
One work-day in our organization can consist in visiting a school to inform about EVS, helping EVS-volunteers to get settled Växjö or planing an summer camp. The volunteer will work between 9.00 and 16.00 every day and will have 2 free-days per week and total of 24 vacation-days during the project. As a volunteer you will work in a team of 6-8 people who are volunteers, interns, project leaders and project assistants.
Volunteer’s role and tasks
The volunteer’s role in this project is to assist in arranging activities and developing projects.
Here are some examples of tasks for the volunteers:
– Create promotional material about our activities such as flyers, posters and invitations
– Update social media (Facebook, blog, twitter) news, pictures, activities, etc
– Plan, prepare and arrange local activities for young people (volunteer meetings, cultural presentations, international camps)
– Plan, prepare and arrange introduction for new EVS volunteers
– Plan, prepare and arrange presentations about EVS and international projects in different places in the region (employment office, schools, youth organizations)
– Create media material for dissemination purposes
– Document activities through films, pictures and texts.
Food and meals
The volunteers will receive a monthly allowance for food and pocket money, every month.
Accommodation and transport
The volunteer will live in a shared apartment either outside Växjö or in the City, having his/her own room and sharing bathroom, kitchen and other common areas. The volunteer will either be provided with a bus card or a bicycle to move around.
Candidates` profile and recruitment process
We are looking for a volunteer who:
– is interested in international projects and cultural exchanges
– enjoys working in a team with people with different backgrounds
– is flexible and creative, enjoys both office work (planing, meetings, brainstorming, administration) but also enjoys organizing activities with young people (such as info-presentations, meetings, workshops, etc)
– is interested in digital and social media
If you are interested in this project, please send your CV and a motivation letter (both documents in English) by the 12th of April to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
Note that you should write “Globala Kronoberg's project” in the e-mail's subject, so we can easily recognize the project you are applying for.