Successful Activism & the Cypriot Issue – Structured Dialogue Conference
This conference aims to bring youth together with the aim to motivate them to participate in the decision making process on political level during the discussions on the Cyprus issue and promote successful ways of activism through current and past examples.
The objectives of the project are:
- To empower participants with skills to fight the apathy of youth and the ignorance which comes from politicians against youth
- To increase youngsters’ awareness on the possibilities they have to get involved in the negotiation of the problem
- To increase their critical thinking and opinion making by examining previous movements that happened in Cyprus
- To create ideas on how youth can raise their voice on a national level related to the Cyprus problem
- To raise awareness on how previous European movement can contribute to the Cyprus problem.
Non-formal methodologies will be used to reach the objectives of the programme. By the end of the conference, we aim to come up with recommendations on how youth can be more motivated and engaged in the decision making process regarding the Cyprus problem.
The conference will held in English and it will take place at the Ledra Palace Hotel (Markou Drakou Str, Nicosia) between 5th and 7th of April. The timetable is as follows:
Saturday: 10:00 - 17:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 16:00
For participants who will be joining us from other cities of Cyprus, YEU can provide accommodation or traveling budget upon request.
If you are interested to join this opportunity, please fill in the participation form: http://tiny.cc/usb43y
The project is funded by Europe for Citizens and it is under the scope of the long term project #GetUpStandUp which surrounds itself with influential European protests in order to raise awareness of their significance, use them as examples to stimulate debate and finally utilize them as means of reflection and comparison on their nature and their influence on our society and contemporary protests as well.
- 05 Apr, 2019
- 07 Apr, 2019