Gender Equality in Cyprus
YEU Cyprus is organizing a Structured Dialogue Event about "Gender Equality in Cyprus". If you would like to discuss about this topic and share your ideas with other youth (13 - 30 years old) then you have the chance to do it at our event!
Equality between women and men is one of the European Union’s founding principles. However, gender gaps remain in many areas, and in the labor market women are still over-represented in lower paid sectors and under-represented in decision-making positions
When it comes to gender equality, Cyprus is at the bottom of all EU countries bar one, with only Malta ranked lower.
What do you think are the main reason for gender inequality in Cyprus and what are its consequences in everyday life? What can be done to promote more equality both on the political, working and family environment?
Participants will receive a Participation Certificate.
- Presentation of the topic by Dr Evelina Leivada, specialist scientist - teaching fellow at the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at Cyprus University of Technology and at the Department of English Studies at University of Cyprus.
- Presentation of Structured Dialogue Methodology
- First part of discussion about Gender Equality
- Coffee Break
- Second part of discussion about Gender Equality
- Final remarks and conclusion
For registration, please fill the online form: https://docs.google.com/
*** 30 places available
--> University Campus, Room 105, Βuilding 3
- 01 Feb, 2017 14:00
- 01 Feb, 2017 17:00
- Contact Person
- 99 573646