LARP (Live Action Role Play Game) is a combination of game, simulation and improvised theater. Educational LARPs consist of a storytelling part in which the context and the world that participants operate in is described, the creation of characters that participants become and the rules of the game that everyone plays. LARPs can also involve some additional elements like props, scenography and intrigues that together create the complete story. This story lets participants experience unknown and play the game in the way that emphasis valuable content, as well as develop their competences: knowledge, skills and attitudes.
The concept of LARP is well known around the world, but can it be used for educational proposes? Educational LARPs are based on the achievements of different types of LARPs: chamber LARPs, Nordic LARPs, or simply drama theater and simulation methods, but how can we adopt it to the learning objectives of participants. However, methodology adopted to the context of youth work and Erasmus+ program is not yet developed. We will change it.
During this training we will adopt the eduLARP methodology to be used in international youth work in the context of Erasmus+ program. After the training participants will be able to run and design LARP scenarios that tackle social problems and civic education.
• training team of trainers in eduLARP method and prepare them to run and design own activities
• exchange of experiences and knowledge of youth workers and trainers in conducting activities using game-based methods, storytelling, drama etc.,
• creating scenarios of LARPs that will help new trainers to achieve the goals of Erasmus+ program
• defining the role of eduLARP methodology in achieving the objectives of the Erasmus+ program in the context of European Training Strategy and competence model of trainers in Erasmus +
• preparing youth workers to run and facilitate international youth exchanges with the methodology of eduLARP
We are looking for three participants take part in this activity
Accommodation and food is fully covered by the programme and 360 euros for traveling cost.
Please read carefully the infopack
NOTE: Training also aims to prepare youth leaders to facilitate LARP youth exchange in September 2020 in Berlin. So at least one person from each country coming to the training should also join the exchange.
If you are interested please fill up the Application-Form until 15/03 mentioning if you are interested to participate as a leader.