Youth Exchange in Estonia, 4th September – 14th September 2017
“Sport Unites, Racism Divides”, 4th September – 14th September 2017, Taevaskoja, Estonia
4 participants aged 18–27 + 1 Leader (can be any age). Project will cover maximum 360 EUR of travel expences
The refugee crisis in Europe has increased the discussions about racism, because refugees who are running from war zones to Europe are found difficult to integrate into the European society due to the intolerance of the local population. Our young people are heavily influenced by their parents' opinions, and so there will be a so-called vicious circle of intolerance, which will continue endlessly. We want to understand what racism is and how we can combat it. In everyday life, we can see and / or hear about how people who don’t belong to the same nation as us, have to suffer under intolerant behaviour from locals. This is a problem for us, because if this hate is planted into our youngsters who are the future of our society, it means that racist behaviour towards foreigners continues and our society will be divided in the future.
Project "Sport Unites, Racism Divide" is expected:
- To increase awareness of what is racism and what are the consequences of racist activities.
- To find activities which resulted in growing tolerance.
- To find solutions on how to behave in a situation where we see racist conduct.
- To analyze how the sport has helped people connect and find good examples of possible solutions, which we can use in our everyday lives and in our communities.
- To improve positive attitude towards others and in participants towards themselves. Project involves young people with fewer opportunities, so we expect to increase the participants' horizons and willingness to communicate with different people, whatever their background is, because in reality we are all equal and deserve equal treatment.
- The promotion of mutual cooperation and thereby teamwork skills. The project will operate mostly young international teams and develop teamwork skills, simultaneously with the tolerance and self-expression skills.
In this youth exchange project there will be 38 participants from seven countries (Estonia, Turkey, Greece, Spain, Italy, Cyprus and Bulgaria).
If you are interested in applying, please fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org until July 12nd. Don't forget to put “Sport Unites, Racism Divides” as a subject of your email!
Youth Exchange in Romania, 30.08.- 8.09.2017
WATER IS LIFE ! WATER IS ENERGY ! WATER IS FUTURE !
SARATA MONTEORU –BUZAU , 30.08.- 8.09.2017
Arrival day : 30 august2017
Departure day : 8 september 2017
Organizer : ODEN Nehoiu , ROMANIA
Participants: 4 youngsters 17-25 years old plus 1 group leader no age limit.One person per country can be over 25 but till 29.
Description of project :
“ Water is life.Water is energy.Water is future “ is an exchange that will take place in Sarata Monteoru and Buzau between 30 august and 8 september 2017. It will involve 45 participants from 8 countries : Cyprus,Estiona,Latvia,Italy,Macedonia,Slovakia,Turkey and Romania out of them 10 being with fewer opportunities
The context is linked with the problems generated by water quality due to irresponsible home and industrial consumption of water,using of chemicals in agriculture,chaotic tourism on seaside and regins with rivers and lakes,wasting of water in different situations.
The aim of the project is to increase the responsibility of youngsters for environment sustainability and a better life quality by empowering fight against water pollution.
The objectives are :
-to provide to 45 youngsters from 8 countries a common space to reflect on cultural diversity,european cooperation and healthy life style
-a better understanding by youngsters about role of water in life and society and about importance of protection and conservation of water
-a larger awareness of the role of water’s energy and the need of reduce wasting
-promote among youngsters a new responsible attitude for preservation of water and identify new solutions for a sustainable by using creative methods
Food and Accomodation will be provided by the organizers. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 170 EUR /participant
If you are interested in participating, please fill in the application form and send it to email@example.com until 10 July 2017! Don't forget to write ''YE Water'' as a Subject to your email! Please read the infopack carefully before applying!